Friday, December 26, 2014

San-X ~ Sumikko Gurashi Blind Boxes!

Hope everyone's Christmas was filled with good food and company! Are you ready for the new year?

I have been waiting for the longest time to feature this set of blind boxes!

This character was first release by San-X (the same creator as Rilakkuma) in April, 2013, and it actually comprises several different characters.


From left to right is Shirokuma (White Bear), Neko (Cat), Tonkatsu (Pork Chop), Penguin? (he doesn't know if he's a penguin or not). They are shy little beings and enjoy living life in the corner, and "Sumikko Gurashi" translates to corner beings. They also have friends, namely Cloth, Tempura, Tapioca and Weed. They are just so adorable and I just want to cuddle with them!

This blind box set was released in March, 2014, and I love how they have little rooms for each of the characters and their friends!



This is one set I really, really wanted to own (then again, I say this for nearly every set I feature on this blog!), but there was no way I could purchase and ensure a full set.

I know some people who buy an entire box in hopes of the full set, but I had no access to an entire box even if I could afford it. I didn't buy a single one; I didn't want just ONE of them, I wanted ALL of them!



Here's a quick look at them! I love how the cubes can be stacked up!

Here's all of them in one picture. I could not find better photos so this will do!


#1 ~ Shirokuma and Cloth (luggage) friend
#2 ~ Penguin? and  Tapioca friend
#3 ~ Tonkatsu and Tempura friend
#4 ~ Neko and Weed friend


And here's all of them settled in the corner of a living room! Aren't they cute! I'm not sure if San-X sells this set-up but I would LOVE to own it and display the little figures like that! Look at those little cushions!!!

This is not a Re-Ment set but I still love it and it sure deserves a feature on this miniature blog!

See you in the new year with more miniatures!

Nikki :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a spare neko box if you'd like :) do email me lim_weiying1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete