Friday, December 5, 2014

Re-Ment ~ Kapibara-san Cafe!

Today's Re-Ment will feature Kapibara-san!

Who (what) is Kapi-barasan? Many people think this is a San-X character, but it is not! I think it originated from Japan and the character is described as a "calm and cuddly antidote" for people who feel lonely or burned out from everyday life, inspired by the real-life animal, the capybara.


Kapibara-san is featured in a cafe-themed Re-Ment and it's so whimsical! Such fun, bright colours and delicious food creations! This set was released Oct. 24, 2011.


There are five little Kapibara-san charms on ball chains in this Re-Ment collection, let's check it out!

I couldn't translate the Japanese words in the pictures, so I'm roughly guessing the food items! Let me know if I am totally off track here!


#1 - Double-Scoop Ice Cream Cone

That ice cream and waffle cone texture are so realistic! I love how Kapibara-san's face is made of chocolate on the vanilla (?) ice cream and there's a little chocolate (?) one on top! Not forgetting the little cherry spoon! 


#2 - Pink Macaron with Chocolate Filling

Who doesn't love macarons, especially when it's shaped like Kapibara-san? I think this is strawberry flavoured with a chocolate filling.. Love the little biscuit and berry decoration on its head! The texturing of the macaron feet is impeccable!


#3 - Roll cake with chocolate cream

This roll cake has an interesting shape -- it's not round! Even the chocolate cream in the middle is shaped like Kapibara-san! And his little friend on top is so cute; it could be a mochi ball maybe?


#4 - Chocolate Cupcake

At first I thought this was another ice cream scoop but the texturing didn't quite look like ice cream.. Love the icing details on the cake! I don't know what's that apple-looking blob on top, it looks kind of weird.


#5 - Orange Macaron with Whipped Cream

I'm surprised they chose to repeat the same kind of pastry in a different colour! But it is still adorable! I just wished it would have been something different, like a cookie or something. Again, there is a little biscuit and berry decoration on its head!


Here are all of them in a row! I think I like the pink macaron best, and then the ice cream cone next! The pink ball chains look so cute too!

Not much is known about this Kapibara-san character, but I'm glad Re-Ment made this cafe collection! 

See you next week! Any guesses what character it will be? Hint: It's a VERY popular character all around the world!

Nikki :)

No comments:

Post a Comment