Friday, November 21, 2014

Introduction to The Miniature Corner

Hello everybody! Welcome to The Miniature Corner!

My name is Nikki and I love miniatures. Everything is so much cuter when a dozen times smaller than real life!

I've always enjoyed miniatures since I was young, playing with the Sylvanian Families' birthday picnic set. I remember those little croissants on the little plates, the tiny spice jars on the spice rack~ Ah, the memories!

In recent years, I was exposed to Japanese Re-Ment sets, which are miniature toy sets with specific themes. They are the cutest things ever! Some characters incorporated into the sets include Rilakkuma, Hello Kitty, Snoopy, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, and many more!

It is my dream to own them all and have them on display in my house, but hey, I don't have the money to pursue this dream of mine! Buying all the Re-Ment sets, buying display cases, actually having a house big enough to display them all ... that will probably cost loads and loads of money!

Instead of spending money on buying them and keeping them in boxes where they will never see the light of day, I decided to have a digital collection instead! I mean, I can virtually own them if I collect pictures of them in one place and look at them whenever I want! I can even share my collection with anyone I wish!

Even though it will not be the same as owning the physical Re-Ment sets, a digital collection will do for now! I don't have to worry about how much I am spending on my collections and where I am going to place all of them~

I decided that, aside from Re-Ment sets, my collection will include any miniature manufactured toys (not handmade items) that look cute or appealing to me!

I hereby welcome you join me on this wonderful digital collecting journey with me! I plan to post a new collection once a week, on Fridays~ Mini Fridays!

Let my collection begin on The Miniature Corner!


























Nikki :)

No comments:

Post a Comment